Rumor: Possible 'Justice League' roster revealed
I expect there will be tons more rumors regarding the potential roster for Justice League in the coming weeks. We're rapidly reaching the point where some actual decisions are going to have to be made by Warner Bros., and so some of these rumors will end up being true, while others pure speculation. Recently we heard another rumor that Darkseid was going to be the villain, but that has yet to be confirmed by anybody. And of course there's all sorts of stuff about Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, and whoever else may be turning up. But now Cosmic Book News has what they say is the final roster for the team, and some interesting character descriptions to go along with it.
Here's what their "DC Entertainment source" has revealed....
• Superman is essentially the same character from Man of Steel, and Zack Snyder is consulting regarding the writing of the character.
• Batman: The strategist of the group. Batman doesn't really want to be involved with these super powered beings he considers too powerful. Easily the most complex written.
• Wonder Woman: She has only been in man's world a few short months. The Wonder Woman script Michael Goldenberg is developing will be set before the Justice League movie.
• Green Lantern: Will be Ryan Reynold's character from the Green Lantern movie, but will be freshly written with a more serious tone.
• Flash: The most popular hero in civilian eyes who loves media attention, but when called upon is very serious.
• Martian Manhunter: Alien who has lived on Earth in secret for over a hundred years who has knowledge of Darkseid and his reign.
• Aquaman: Will be the King of Atlantis who has a key role in the film.
• There will also be a heavy military presence in the film which in future rewrites could include characters featured in Man of Steel or even Amanda Waller (Angela Bassett) of which neither are included in the first draft.
• Alfred Pennyworth is in the film in a minor appearance.
• Lois Lane is also in the film in a cameo.
• Darkseid's Elite will be featured who go up against the Justice League early on in the film.
Ok, so right out of the gate is the clear indication that Henry Cavill's Superman will indeed be carried over into the film, with the potential for other Man of Steel characters to turn up. Ryan Reynolds remaining as Green Lantern seems far-fetched, at least to me. This is a pretty traditional Justice League line-up, so seeing Aquaman and Martian Manhunter included isn't all that shocking. But the possible return of Angela Bassett as Amanda Waller is definitely surprising.
Take all of this with the usual helping of salt. I don't think I buy this for a second, but we'll see how it shakes out. Hopefully the new year will bring word on a director real soon.